Skill level: Beginner Level
Video: 2 total hour
Do you want to learn how to create vector illustrations quickly & easily and create assets for video games or animation? You can do it in this course and learn the basics of Adobe Illustrator CC by creating some simple flat character designs! This class is perfect for illustrators, graphic designers, game artists, mobile game developers and anyone else who would like to learn how to create vector graphics. Through this assignment you will learn:
· How to create three different base characters
· How to create three different body types
· How to create different color schemes for your characters
Content & Overview
This is a great way for beginners to introduce themselves to Adobe Illustrator. Starting with a basic overview of the program, the course will help familiarize you with the tools you will need. Each step will be broken down to make understanding the process even easier, starting with creating a simple vector shape to creating your different character designs.
Follow along as we take simple vector shapes and step by step create three different character designs which can be used in your own animation or video game projects.
I have included the .AI file here for you to use as reference. So you'll be able to work alongside the videos to learn and create your own flat vector characters. Please feel free to share your creations as well!
What you’ll learn
· You will be able to use Adobe Illustrator to a basic level
· You will be able to create a simple vector character
· You will be able to create and manipulate basic shapes
· You will be able to use the Pen Tool to draw new custom shapes
· You will be able to apply different colours
· You will be able to create three different base character template
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
· You will need Adobe Illustrator CC installed
Who this course is for:
· Graphic Designers
· Game Artists
· Digital Artists
· Indie Game Developers